Presenting abroad? Request a voucher!
Are you working in the creative industries? Have you been invited by a foreign organisation to give a presentation on short notice? For example, to participate in an event, workshop, lecture or speak at a conference? For certain costs associated with these presentations, you can request a voucher from the Creative Industries Fund NL. The Fund has a special fast-track process for this.
Architect Afaina de Jong was a participating fellow at Ideas City Detroit. This event is part of the Ideas City platform created by the New Museum in New York. The platform focuses on developing radical strategies for urban issues, with contributions from experts from a range of disciplines. And Marieke Verbiesen was invited by the annual New Interfaces for Musical Expression (NIME) conference in Brisbane to exhibit her work Mayhem Machine. She was also asked to give a presentation and participate in a panel discussion on the topic Novel Interfaces in Machine Learning.
The conditions for applying for a voucher are:
• The project takes place outside the Netherlands
• The project involves a presentation
• The invitation was recently received from abroad
• The contribution is for travel, accommodation, transport and presentation costs
• The grant requirement is a maximum of €1,500 per applicant
• Only 1 voucher can be requested by a studio, association or collective
• It can’t be requested for events where the Creative Industries Fund NL already has an existing grant process
Learn more about the voucher process and other projects that have received a voucher.