Open Call Space for Talent
The Creative Industries Fund NL invites architects, designers and makers to submit a proposal for research, an experiment or development of new knowledge within a practical environment, such as a lab, development site or workplace. With this call, the Fund aims to enable designers to create an environment together with a partner, where joint experimentation, the establishment of new relationships and the sharing of knowledge are central.
set-up of the call
The Creative Industries Fund NL is making € 200,000 available for this open call. The maximum contribution per project is € 25,000. The conditions for support are that there is a new collaboration between a maker and a partner that is able to facilitate a practical environment. Depending on the project, the collaborations can vary in form. Examples are research (including material research) within a lab, a residency programme at a knowledge institute, a special collaboration with a development site or experimental research with a partner from the business community.
The subsidy is divided into two parts: € 15,000 is reserved for the maker and € 10,000 for the partner’s facilities and knowledge. The amounts are granted under the conditions of a collaboration agreement that must be submitted no later than 4 weeks after the grant has been awarded. A format for the agreement follows after awarding.
Conditions for eligibility for a contribution are:
- the designer/maker/architect has Dutch nationality or a practice registered in the Netherlands;
- the partner is based in the Netherlands;
- a rationale from the designer that provides insight into the relationship between the partner and the maker, and the added value of the project for the maker’s development;
- motivation for the project, provided by the partner, that provides insight into the relationship between the partner and the maker and the added value of the project for the partner. It also describes the duration and nature of the working period, the facilities, the knowledge and working environment being offered by the partner, the method of collaboration and the intended result;
- there is no question of a regular commissioning relationship between the parties; and
- a form of knowledge-sharing relevant to the project is included at the end of the project.
The application can be submitted until Wednesday 28 November 2018 at the latest.
Read more information to supply here.