10 September 2020
The Creative Industries Fund NL is looking for young professionals in the architectural discipline who would like to participate in a collaborative programme with architectural offices. The aim of the Fund is to strengthen the connection of recently graduated architects, urban designers, garden and landscape architects and interior architects with the work field, and to offer room for artistic exchange in the context of current social issues.
By means of this open call, the Creative Industries Fund NL is offering starting designers the opportunity to work with established offices on a topical social theme. The programme involves a three-month work period in 2021, during which the designer will work directly with a senior architect to explore a specific subject in greater depth. There are 12 places available at various offices that work across the full breadth of the architectural discipline.
You can subscribe to one of the following profiles:ArchitectureProfile 1
• developing sustainable, affordable and usable building techniques (Maathuis / JoustraReid)Profile 2
• modernization plan for the energy-efficient houses on the Waterwerk in Rotterdam (Linea architecten) Profile 3
• meaning of materialization, dimensional systems and detail in current and future building culture (Studio VVKH)Urban design and Spatial planningProfile 4
• new core values for Amsterdam as a socially sustainable city
(BURA urbanism) Profile 5
• healthy urbanization (PosadMaxwan)Profile 6
• 3 challenges for the city of the future (Rademacher de Vries Architecten).Interior architectureProfile 7
• working environments of the future (Hollandse Nieuwe) Profile 8
• redevelopment of Fort Kudelstaart (Serge Schoemaker Architects)Garden and Landscape ArchitectureProfile 9
• research into a robust water system in combination with circular agriculture on the higher sandy soils (H+N+S)Profile 10
• green housing in the Netherlands and new ecologies based on energy production (Studio Hartzema)InterdisciplinaryProfile 11
• Maison Circulaire (Jacques & André, Bruno Vermeersch)Profile 12
• a socially engaged design approach to reduce energy needs in the Mariahoeve neighbourhood (Vanschagen Architecten)Here
you can find more extensive details about the profiles with information about the office and the proposed assignment. collaboration programme
The programme is designed as a part-time work period of 3 months in the first half of 2021. We expect a weekly commitment from both the young professional and the office, so that a research project can be started or experiments can be carried out in a constructive and substantive way. During the entire work period, the upcoming talent will be supervised by a senior designer at the office for at least one day a week, and will also be provided with a physical work station. For this period, the architectural talent will receive a grant of € 5,200, based on two days a week for a period of three months.
The precise content and start of the collaboration programme can be agreed in consultation with the architectural office, after selection by the Fund, and recorded in a collaboration agreement. In addition, we expect the limitations of the COVID-19 measures to be taken into account in the design and implementation of the programme. submission
Designers can respond until Wednesday 28 October 2020
Read more about the open call here