Fund takes measures due to the coronavirus
The paragraphs below set out all the measures being taken by the Fund.
second support package 2021
Minister of Education, Culture and Science (OCW) Ingrid van Engelshoven has made an additional one-off amount of over € 10 million available to the Creative Industries Fund NL as part of the second support package for the cultural and creative sector. The aim of this support package is to maintain the vital chain components in the Dutch cultural infrastructure, in order to preserve the unique Dutch artistic product and to guarantee employment in the cultural and creative sector.
The Fund will offer additional support in this form in 2021:
Additional support grant schemeAs part of the second support package for the cultural and creative sector, the Creative Industries Fund NL has been able to draw up the Additional support for multi-year subsidized institutions Creative Industries Fund NL COVID-19 II Grant Scheme (RAOCCC-SCI-II). This grant offers an additional subsidy to the institutions supported by the Fund for several years and/or a bridging grant to those institutions that have seen their application rejected, but whose plan has been positively assessed.
Spatial Design VouchersOn 1 April 2021, the Fund will start a voucher scheme for local authorities and semi-public organizations, which will enable them to grant a clearly defined design-research commission to a designer, collective or coalition, within certain thematic lines that link up with the National Environment Vision (NOVI). One condition is that the accumulated knowledge must be made available to the public as much as possible. Some € 5 million will be available for this scheme in 2021. With this grant we aim to counteract the decline in assignments for designers and at the same time create new sustainable forms of collaboration.
Building talentIn 2021, the Fund will also create at least 100 places under the Building Talent Grant Scheme for young professionals in the design disciplines who want to participate in a collaborative project with experienced design firms. With an additional investment of almost € 2 million, the Fund aims to strengthen the connection between recent graduates and the professional field.
Increase in subsidy budgets Design, Architecture, Digital culture, Talent development and Immerse\Interact with a total of € 1.2 million
first support package 2020
In 2020 the fund offered additional support in this form:
Regulation for additional support for multi-year subsidized institutions Creative Industries Fund NL covid-19On April 15, the cabinet made an extra € 300 million available for the cultural sector. This support helps cultural institutions vital to the sector through the financially tough first months of the corona crisis. By supporting these crucial cultural organizations now, they can ensure that the flow of assignments, also towards the self-employed, gets going again after the crisis. The extra funds will be used, among other things, to increase the subsidies for institutions that are now supported for several years by the Creative Industries Fund NL. To this end, the Regulation for additional support for multi-year subsidized institutions Creative Industries Fund NL covid-19 has been set up. The additional subsidies that are provided under this grant scheme are determined ex officio - without an application - on the basis of a calculation of a percentage of the lost public income. You can find an overview of the subsidies provided here.
almost € 2 million extra for makers
In addition to the support for institutions, within the amount that the Fund receives from the € 300 million, an amount of almost € 2 million is available, specifically intended for makers.
The Fund uses these additional resources for makers as follows:
Increase in subsidy budgets Design, Architecture and Digital culture 2020;
To issue an open call aimed at the development of professional practice and cultural entrepreneurship in times of (post) covid (autumn 2020). View the selection here.
Issuing an open call aimed at talent development within the architecture disciplines. View the selection here.
A follow-up to Researching Remix, the Open Call Research, Act & Reflect. View the selection here.
general support measures for makers, institutions and festivals that have already been supported
The Fund is lenient with regard to projects that were supported before April 2020 that are affected by the consequences of the corona virus. This means that postponement (up to and including 2021), adjustment, postponement or discontinuation of the project is in principle accepted. This also applies to the reimbursement of eligible costs if the project can no longer be carried out.
The following applies:
• If your event or project has been canceled or rescheduled, please email your contact person at the Fund.
• If you receive an automatically generated message from the Fund about final reporting, but your event or project has been canceled or rescheduled, please email your contact person.
• You do not need to contact the Fund if you are in doubt whether your event or project will go ahead or not. Only in case of final cancellation or rescheduling, you email your contact person.
• The secretariat can be reached by telephone and can put you in contact with the right colleague, but as a rule it is more convenient to mail your contact person directly.
• The closing dates are unchanged and can be found in the information on grants on the website.
• Specific questions about the procedure, budget and/or project plan can be sent via email to one of the grants officers. First check if you can find the answer to your question in the Frequently Asked Questions.
• The committee meetings will continue as planned, but will mostly take place in the form of a video conference.
• All the Fund's information sessions, workshops and events on location have been postponed.
• The processing time of an application remains unchanged. You will receive an e-mail informing you of the decision 10 weeks after the closing date of the grant programme. Please note that your project may not start before you have received the result.